Laminate flooring, if chosen and installed properly, is one of the most user-friendly and low-maintenance flooring options available. However, sometimes maintenance can be a little tricky, because the dos and don’ts aren’t always spelled out clearly. So, to help homeowners and apartment managers, we’ve composed this quick guide with laminate maintenance and repair information, with some tips you won’t get from laminate flooring companies.
How to Maintain Laminate Floors
When you get laminate flooring, your Bothell installers will give you cleaning and maintenance instructions. However, if you didn’t receive instructions or if you installed the planks yourself, here are the basics:
- Avoid wet mopping, or otherwise subjecting the floor to moisture
- Sweeping and vacuuming are sufficient for regular cleaning
- Use a damp cloth to blot up spills, and dry the area as soon as possible
- For spot treatment of stains and dirt, you can use dish detergent or vinegar. More stubborn stains can be treated with acetone, but we don’t recommend it
Call us at 425-488-7777 if you have any questions about laminate flooring. As Bothell installers, we can also assist you with maintenance and repair jobs. We’ve been in the flooring materials business for decades, and we love everything about laminate. We’d be more than happy to answer your questions, recommend products, and schedule an appointment if necessary.
How to Repair Laminate Flooring
It’s easy to replace damaged laminate flooring. Bothell installation companies would still recommend hiring a laminate flooring handyman rather than doing it yourself, so you don’t risk damage. However, if it’s a simple job and all you need to do is swap out damaged planks for new ones, here are the steps
Laminate Flooring Repair Steps
- Step 1: Remove the baseboards
- Step 2: Remove the planks one by one till you reach the damaged ones
- Step 3: Remove and replace the damaged planks with new ones
- Step 4: Reinstall the other planks, and replace the baseboard or molding
This isn’t practically possible in a large room, if the damaged planks are near the center – in that case independent laminate floor installers use the cut-and-glue method. Cut out the damaged planks, and glue new ones into place.
Laminate Flooring Contractor Near Bothell
Builders Interiors sells and installs laminate flooring. Bothell installers may be able to get the job done, but we’ll get it done better! We’re located in Woodinville, which is barely 10 minutes away. Stop by sometime and we’ll show you around our warehouse, which has thousands of high-quality products in stock.
If you need to purchase laminate flooring, Bothell installation companies may not be the best option since they may have limited stock. We, however, have a large warehouse with products that all come with a quality guarantee and a discounted price.